Become a better angler
http://www.outdoorpages.co.za
Pienaar Verkoeling
Air Conditioners Sale / Repairs ...
Offers benefits to OutdoorPAGES
Tel: 082 648 6454
 Ads by OutdoorPAGES 
1.FRESHWATER FISHING >> SPECIMEN CARP
Go BackGo Forum HomeRefresh this pageFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

THREAD DETAILS

Post New Reply      THREAD DETAILS VIEWS = 1147
 winter hengel
sunseeker
16-May-2005 17:28

kan iemand my asb. help met winter hengel hoe moet gevoer word ,hoeveel moet gevoer word ,en moet daar enigsins gevoer word kan ek met vismeel boilies hengel in die winter of is dit taboe in die winter.elkeen met wie ek praat vertel vir my n ander storie

en dan oor die algemeen - hoe word daar gevoer word in die somer party se gooi 100kg 1 dag voor die tyd in ander se
gooi 20kg elke 2de dag in 2 weke vooe die tyd ander se
moet glad nie pre feed nie ek is nog nuut in die game maar weet glad nie hoe werk die voerplek nie

OK KOM ONS SIEN OF IEMAND OP DIE FORUM BEREID IS OM IEMAND NUUT TE HELP

[ VIEW LAST POST ]

REPLY #1

RE: winter hengel
Neville
16-May-2005 17:55

In terms of pre-feeding it depends on your venue. Big venue with lots of fish you can pile it in but i would say probably at regular intervals a week or so before you go until 2 days before, then stop.

Small venue, few fish go for little bits of bait often so still a week before you go at regular intervals finishing 2 days before you go but just in quantities that match the fish stock remembering a 10 kg fish can probably consume at least 1/2 a kilo per day, so make your calculations.

In winter the carp metabolism slows a bit depending on your location. Up North the venues can maintain water temps of 15 degree c and the carp will be as hungry as ever, but as the water cools to say 10 degrees or below the tend to feed in stages during the day as they require sustanance for their slower metabolic rate.

Fishmeal no problem if you are prepared to work through the cats but is would rather go for belachan based boilies in the fish meal stable for all year round success. Belachan is a shrimp powder.

BFA make a shrimp and squid which is great for this purpose.

REPLY #2

Africantrees
16-May-2005 20:21

Sunseeker
Everybody will have a different opinion but I would say the best way to find out is by trail and error. Listen to what the guys on the forum say - go to the gallery and have a look at who caught what size fish during winter - the guys with the consistent bigger catches during winter surely knows what they are doing?
I've done the same, collected loads of theoretical knowledge, and did exaclty the opposite of what the experienced guys (on this forum, on the UK forums and guys that I know, Gilbert's dvd, etc) suggested. The results was mediocre - but bloddy hell, the "practical" lesson I've learnt is one I won't forget. That is what makes Specimen such a buzz.
Also, try to go and prefeed and fish with some experienced guys - that would exclude me!
Enjoy

REPLY #3

sunseeker
17-May-2005 16:36

THANKS NEVILLE FOR THAT INFO ON FISHMEAL BASE BOILIES IN FACT IVE GOT SOME BLUE MUSSEL PRE MIX
YOU THINK THAT WILL DO

AFRICAN TREE I DONT KNOW ANYTHING AS YET AND I AM SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ASSIST ME I SOME WAY
THANKS FOR REPLY

[ BACK TO TOP ]
 Did you know?

To make the forum more manageable OutdoorPAGES archives all posts older than 20 days. Use our ALL Posts or Forum Search features to access posts older than 20 days. The Forum Search feature allows you to search topics discussed on this forum since its inception in 2003. Just think how much info is contained in this resource. Want to become a better angler? Go Forum Search Now!!!

Copyright OutdoorPAGES. All rights reserved. No article or picture may be reproduced\published without the written consent of OutdoorPAGES.
The opinions expressed by authors and contributors does not necessarily reflect the viewpoint or policy of OutdoorPAGES.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

pub-8107763361343301