near Augrabies
Tel: +27 (0) 82 429 4811
OutdoorPAGES Membership
Join OutdoorPAGES Today
Become a better angler
http://www.outdoorpages.co.za
 Ads by OutdoorPAGES 
FISHING >> SPECIMEN CARP
Go BackGo Forum HomeRefresh this pageFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

THREAD DETAILS

Post New Reply      THREAD DETAILS VIEWS = 3977
 Carp Hunter Specimen Carp Baits
Julius
03-Dec-2009 20:16

Do any of you use the Carp Hunter range of baits / particles and what do you think of it?

We received some of the range at a local tackle shop. The undiluted flavors are extremely strong and the prepared particles neatly packed in 2kg containers.

[ VIEW LAST POST ]

REPLY #1

RE: Carp Hunter Specimen Carp Baits
Julius
04-Dec-2009 20:26

Look like the specimen anglers on the forum don't belief that "local is lekker"... Huh? Do you only buy Nash, Nutrabaits, Fox, etc?

REPLY #2

renrew
05-Dec-2009 00:26

never heard of these people... I roll my own baits..

REPLY #3

Julius
05-Dec-2009 12:26

Renrew, I saw an advert in the bank angler and the product in a local shop and wondered what the guys think of it.

Look like they currently specialize in prepared particles, high protien feed and flavourants.

Don't look like they are currently making boilies but the prepared particles could make preparation for a short session much easier.

REPLY #4

Caranx Ignoblis
06-Dec-2009 08:28

I also saw the add and was wondering but looks like you are not getting much response.Probably the best thing is to buy and try ,I am going to try them.It is up to us to support local manufacturers if there quality is up to scratch and if not to inform them.The stronger our local industry becomes the better for all of us.

REPLY #5

Boilieboy
06-Dec-2009 16:43

Saw the add as well, but gota say, honestly I like to prepare my own particles, don't feel comfortable using ready made ones!!

REPLY #6

Guru
08-Dec-2009 08:00

The mentality of SA Anglers is the problem and anything local has no nutritional value that is what they have been lead to believe.

Guess its a lost cause as Africa will always be way behind England because of the narrow mindedness.

REPLY #7

Carp Addict
08-Dec-2009 10:08

Dont forget its a very new business, so obviously there wont be much to say at first... Guru, are you being critically balanced again? lol!

Everyone knows, results sells the product... The advert for this product range looks good, but it would make more ppl buy if they saw actual results, not so? I would even say that good results on a product displayed by anglers on forums like these is probably the best advertising for any company.

I agree, local is lekka...but as long as lekka, actually does the business... I've tried many different local brands, and sometimes its not all its cut out to be, so its normal to be cautious at first Guru, lol!

But I also prefer to prep my own particles... the cost is alot lower as well. But yes, in terms of convenience, pre-prepared particles has its place for sure....

Just my AUS$1mill worth..... ; )

REPLY #8

Guru
09-Dec-2009 00:07

Funny thing is that some UK anglers are now buying SA baits to fish the UK LOL

CA what more can I say about this topic That I have not said in the past.

REPLY #9

Saint
11-Dec-2009 18:54

CH, saw them in the store today, not bad, only particles, boilies on the way apparently. The flavas were very strong, i would give em a bash, much cheaper than the imports aswell

REPLY #10

TurboCarp
15-Dec-2009 16:08

Dit is n baie goeie bait met baie protiene in het dit gebryk by florida lake en het goeie results gekry.Hulle sal volgende jaar seker boilies op die rakke he sien uit daarna!

REPLY #11

Dick
06-Jan-2010 15:25

I am currently fishing three makes of boilies. Two of them are imported boilies and the third is a locally produced boilie. In all honesty it makes no diffrence whether they are local or Imported they all produce fish for me. At the end of the day it makes no diffrence to me I have the confidence to fish both locally and imported boilies and they all catch fish. The only diffrence is R60 per KG for local compared to R180 per kg for imported.

Does it matter where it comes from if you have the confidence to catch fish with it use it.

REPLY #12

Carp Addict
06-Jan-2010 18:30

Dick, if it doesnt say "Dynamite" then its no good! Just kidding, lol...
R180/kg? That is ludicris!!!!

As you say, confidence has alot to do with it...

REPLY #13

JFK
06-Jan-2010 19:24

Dick I`m with you on this one.You can make a plain 50/50 Boilie with a bit of flavoring and still catch good fish.It all boils down to the amount of confidence you have in the bait you`re using.If it wasn`t so, where are all the big 50 and 60 pounders that the imported boilies should have produced.The few that have been caught were mostly from particles and my big one came from a plastic particle,so where does this leave us?I`m also a boilie man and roll myself, but before that ,I used local baits with excellent results.The only reason I make my own bait nowadays is for the excitement and not for the better results.Remember there arn`t a superbait and what works for u might not work for me, because I don`t trust, or have enough confidence in the baits you are using.

REPLY #14

Stefan Engelbrecht
08-Jan-2010 13:25

JFK,

Don't agree on the confidence thing. You can be bursting with confidence in a bait...and along comes MR. Carp and doesn't touch your bait...then you put out a bait on another rod, a bait you don't expect a take on, and bang there goes that rod! You have to see what the carp like and adapt your baits to that. Yes, then as your catch result improves along with tweaks to a bait, rigs, other presentations etc your confidence grows, but be careful because out of the blue a blank day hits you like a hammer against your head and confidence goes out the window...carp are inquisitive creatures. Exploit that and you will catch carp.

REPLY #15

JFK
10-Jan-2010 13:24

Stefan what I`m trying to say is that If you have confidence in whatever bait you`re using, your prone to let it maybe lie for 24 hours instead of ten and be prepared to stick to a specific gameplan which will lead to a possible catch..Confidence goes hand in hand with a lot of other factors....Blanks are unavoidable as there are to many factors we have no control over: weather, barometric pressure, carp behaviour ect.The most single factor that will make you a successful big carp angler is:(SPENDING TIME AT THE WATER.)

[ BACK TO TOP ]
 Did you know?

To make the forum more manageable OutdoorPAGES archives all posts older than 20 days. Use our ALL Posts or Forum Search features to access posts older than 20 days. The Forum Search feature allows you to search topics discussed on this forum since its inception in 2003. Just think how much info is contained in this resource. Want to become a better angler? Go Forum Search Now!!!

Copyright OutdoorPAGES. All rights reserved. No article or picture may be reproduced\published without the written consent of OutdoorPAGES.
The opinions expressed by authors and contributors does not necessarily reflect the viewpoint or policy of OutdoorPAGES.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

pub-8107763361343301