BOOK NOW
Tel: 082 411 9754
KOTOKO Hunting
Bird Hunting
Professional Hunting
Tel: 082 467 6460
 Ads by OutdoorPAGES 
FISHING >> SPECIMEN CARP
Go BackGo Forum HomeRefresh this pageFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

THREAD DETAILS

Post New Reply      THREAD DETAILS VIEWS = 9580
 vaal river baits
nicksta
30-Jun-2010 15:43

i am fishing at the vaal river this winter, have never been there before and have no idea on what to use for those winter carp.... any tips for baits and dips to use???

[ VIEW LAST POST ]

REPLY #1

RE: vaal river baits
Evil knevel
01-Jul-2010 09:02

We did wel on plain peanuts in the vaal river. And Hannes De Beer also did wel with home rolled Banana and Secret Agent boilies. But i would think it depend where you are going.

REPLY #2

Kosie
02-Jul-2010 14:11

Try brown bread mixed with maroek as hookbait and mix some king corn into your ground bait. Someone once told me to try this when all else fails, I did and it worked wonders you will never ever have any other plan B!

REPLY #3

armandw
05-Jul-2010 19:14

I never had a problem with tiger nuts and worked pretty well for me. In addition I like to add a small bit off sweetcorn pellets, mixed with a bit off trout pellets in a pva netting as catfish is not a problem.

Another method that I like to use is to take a very small paste spring, take a large hard floatie, dip it in pepper sauce tabasco, pull the spring slightly apart and place it inside the spring. This must be done after installing the small shafted rubber elastic. Then I use brown bread for a baste mix it with, pronutro, horlicks etc and makes a high quality paste. This I paste around the floatie onto the spring. prick it with a tooth pick so the tabasco in the floatie bleeds out while in the water. The spring kit is provided by western accessories.

Then I attach this to the hook by threading the braid through the little hole in the elastic with the needle, before slipping the braid over the point off the hook. This bait is very light due to the floatie inside and will sit very lightly on the bottom and on top off the silt if not to deep. I then attach the hook link to the stiff boom as in a combi rig. You can make the brown bread base a high protein but please do not do this if you do not want to go to some trouble to ensure a proper bait.

Or you can take a boilie base microwave it for 1-2 minutes depending on the buoyancy you want, instead of cooking, approx 8mm in size and place this inside the spring.

[ BACK TO TOP ]
 Did you know?

To make the forum more manageable OutdoorPAGES archives all posts older than 20 days. Use our ALL Posts or Forum Search features to access posts older than 20 days. The Forum Search feature allows you to search topics discussed on this forum since its inception in 2003. Just think how much info is contained in this resource. Want to become a better angler? Go Forum Search Now!!!

Copyright OutdoorPAGES. All rights reserved. No article or picture may be reproduced\published without the written consent of OutdoorPAGES.
The opinions expressed by authors and contributors does not necessarily reflect the viewpoint or policy of OutdoorPAGES.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

pub-8107763361343301