Professional Hunting
Tel: 082 467 6460
SF Electronics
For all your solar and other needs
Best Prices / Best Products
Tel: 073 170 6417
 Ads by OutdoorPAGES 
FISHING >> SPECIMEN CARP
Go BackGo Forum HomeRefresh this pageFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

THREAD DETAILS

Post New Reply      THREAD DETAILS VIEWS = 2504
 Specimen venues in lowveld near nelspruit
Kappa
06-Jul-2011 22:30

Hi there

Can anyone advise me on some nice fishing waters around Nelspruit area...going there for a week and want to do a session or 2 but do not know where to go or who to contact...advise would be appreciated

[ VIEW LAST POST ]

REPLY #1

RE: Specimen venues in lowveld near nelspruit
Coyote
07-Jul-2011 07:11

Howdy
I Haven't been there for a few years, but i think Primkop may be the best spot for specie fishing - TigerNut may have a few more places up his sleeve...
Good luck

REPLY #2

Tigernut
07-Jul-2011 09:43

Morning Kappa, I know as much as what ol' Tj informs me of, it's his valley. Give me your email and i'll forward it to him and he can contact you. But i'll let you in on what i know up to this point in time. Tj belongs to a club there which has a R1500 joining fee and R500 per year from there on. You get three dams to fish from then. Coyote is right, primkop is one of them and Tj frequents that one a lot.

I know it may seem far, but some 100km towards Badplaas is Vygeboom dam. I've always thought there to be monster carp in that dam and i was proven correct in my thinking. Someone in my dad in law's church caught a 85pound carp a couple of months back. There are no facilities whatsoever for the general public. But i believe if serious specimen anglers target that dam, it would be a revelation to see what comes out there, since a serious papgooier caught that beauty of a carp on the very first way we learned to fish, sinker at the bottom, two loops for the hooks and 40lbs Maxima line.

REPLY #3

Snytjie
08-Jul-2011 11:19

Lol! 85 pound? So he caught about the 5th biggest carp thats ever been caught in the whole world, and broke the SA record with 20lbs... Secretive man this that we've never heard of him.

Vygeboom's angling area is completely taken up by clubgrounds and you will need a connection to get in there. The public area is small, no facilities, and I won't sleep there unless in a group or armed.

Rather try Primkop or Klipkoppie dam, or best, drive the 150km to Klaserie.

REPLY #4

Tigernut
08-Jul-2011 15:30

En die ergste is snytjie, die foto wat hulle geneem het, was 'n besemstok deur sy kiewe gedruk en hou twee ouens die stok op hulle skouers en die stert hang nog steeds op die grond. Die ou probeer die foto vir skoonpa mms maar die ding gaan nie deur nie, ons probeer nog steeds om te kyk of hy nie kan gaan kuier by skoonpa, dan kan ons dit op die rekenaar laai.

Wat die veiligheid aanbetref, is dit seker nie wys om aleen aan die oorkant daar te gaan staan nie, maar oor desember is daai publieke deel maar volgepak. Skoonpa was self 'n naweek of so daar, geen probleme gehad nie en ons was saam hulle daar laas kersfees vir twee dae, ook geen probleme gehad nie. Inteendeel, jy sien nie 'n mens daar nie. Vat maar 'n porta-potty en genoeg water saam. Inverter vir ligte het ook baie gehelp.

REPLY #5

Snytjie
08-Jul-2011 15:49

Ek kan nie wag om daai foto te sien nie!

REPLY #6

Tigernut
08-Jul-2011 18:21

Ek en jy saam. Ek het die ding maar sterk betwyfel, maar te oordeel aan die manier wat skoonpa verduidelik het wat die lengte van die vis was, is dit moontlik. Ek weet donkie jare gelede in die stywe lyne was daar 'n berig oor 'n Pta munisipale parke-raad werker wat gras by Bonaccord dam gesny het met 'n sekel teen die oewer en hyt die sekel onwetend net mooi onder deur die karp se rugvin gekap. 'n Plolisieman het die booi gesien saam sy pel dra aan die vis en hulle opgelaai om die karp te gaan weeg by 'n slaghuis of iets in die dorp en daai een se gewig was ook 85pond. So, daai size is daar, maar dis mense wat so toegewyd soos julle is wat hulle gaan vang. My floaties gaan daai size net met 'n hengse vloek vang.

REPLY #7

Kappa
14-Jul-2011 22:30

HI tigernut

Thanks for the reply...please forward my email adres or nr to any 1 relevant I will appreciate it....

Mail adres is frdluyt537@gmail.com and my nr is 073 158 0110..

PS lov to see that pic of that huge carp and yes from experience I know vyegeboom has huge fish but that was 25 odd yrs ago

Happy fishing guys

REPLY #8

Tigernut
02-Aug-2011 08:56

Morning Kappa, been fishing for a couple of weeks, just noticed your reply, i'm sending the info through right now, expect an answer from ol Tj shortly.

[ BACK TO TOP ]
 Did you know?

To make the forum more manageable OutdoorPAGES archives all posts older than 20 days. Use our ALL Posts or Forum Search features to access posts older than 20 days. The Forum Search feature allows you to search topics discussed on this forum since its inception in 2003. Just think how much info is contained in this resource. Want to become a better angler? Go Forum Search Now!!!

Copyright OutdoorPAGES. All rights reserved. No article or picture may be reproduced\published without the written consent of OutdoorPAGES.
The opinions expressed by authors and contributors does not necessarily reflect the viewpoint or policy of OutdoorPAGES.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

pub-8107763361343301