near Augrabies
Tel: +27 (0) 82 429 4811
OutdoorPAGES Membership
Join OutdoorPAGES Today
Become a better angler
http://www.outdoorpages.co.za
 Ads by OutdoorPAGES 
FISHING >> SPECIMEN CARP
Go BackGo Forum HomeRefresh this pageFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

THREAD DETAILS

Post New Reply      THREAD DETAILS VIEWS = 2519
 RIETVLEI DAM
Rammies
14-May-2006 21:16

Done Rietvlei over the weekend. It was really cold. I am used to the nice temperatures in the north of Pretoria. Woke up every morning with the frost white on the bottom of the duvet - Sleeping with an open tent.

Results - I caught 3 carps - 5,62 Kg, 8,68 Kg and 10,60 Kg.

My son caught a very nice new personal best weighing in at 16,20 Kg. Not bad for a ten year old. Doc - M and Boiliedude was also there and saw the fish. I'll send the photograps to Andre.

I think I have now figured out the dam and will definately be visiting again this winter - cold or not

Happiness

[ VIEW LAST POST ]

REPLY #1

RE: RIETVLEI DAM
DOCTOR - M
15-May-2006 08:09

Jes it was a good session!
Like he said it was cold but it didnt stop the carps from taking the bait!
I managed a 8,2 kg carp and my dad caught a 9,8kg!
Did i mention that it was cold?!
BD blanked, but it was his first time there! He got a swim with alot of grass up to casting distance!
Congrats with Rammies(jnr)'s fish again! That was a beautifull carp! The biggest i have seen with my own eyes!
Leon and Sharky was also there just for one night!
I will also be visiting the vlei again soon!

REPLY #2

Guru
15-May-2006 08:27

Well done guys awsome

REPLY #3

Bad Sam
15-May-2006 08:56

Baie geluk aan almal se vangste.

REPLY #4

New Rod
15-May-2006 09:11

Well done to all you guys who caught fish at Rietvlei, especially Francois jnr for his magnificent fish.
It's nice to hear of people catching fish at a difficult venue.

B/Dude, hang in there, it will happen!!

Cheers.

REPLY #5

shawn cronje
15-May-2006 10:58

Congrats to every one who cought every winter carp is a bones.

REPLY #6

leon
15-May-2006 11:12

Yikes!..It was cold!! Being woken up by a reel run at 4 in the morning is no joke at Rietvlei. Especially if you find it to be a hippo on the other side of the line!!

For the guys that got fish, congrats to all. I saw some nice fish come out from the guys in the corner, nearest the island. The next time I will certainly go better prepared!

REPLY #7

Carpio
15-May-2006 12:34

Yes well done guys, good going.

Oh I know what you mean with "Cold"!!! I fished on the opposite bank Wed and Thurs night, got 5 fish. My lines got destroyed twice by a passing hippo in the dark! Second time I lost at least a third of the line on my spools....!

Almost pranged the car the one morning cos the window frosted up when I sprayed water on it on my way to the gate!!! Was driving in my sleep, thats why! hehe....

Well done Rammies Junior! Excellent catch!

REPLY #8

renrew
15-May-2006 16:18

guys this might sound crazy but in july holidays i'm going to the vlei for a week.....

Hopefully i'll be able to et my 30lber out the water this time....

Anybody is welcome to join in, dont have to stay for the whole week though!!!

Starting to feed a spot there.....

Guess where?

Island....

I love that spot!!!!

REPLY #9

Bertie
15-May-2006 22:46

Carpio
I'm a bit pissed about you and Marius putting diesel in the swims at the chalet. Quite a dent in the ego to fish the chalet and blank!! I guess the weather also turned against us - most of the fish I saw over the weekend was in deep water.

Congrats on the guys at the camping side.

Renrew - I believe that about 80% of the camping side at the Vlei is very fishable - its all about technique and finding the right areas.

It was heartwarming to see only 2 camping spots that had lights on through the night - a clear indication that specimen angling is the preffered method at Rietvlei.

REPLY #10

Rammies
16-May-2006 07:48

Bertie

What is the issue with lights and specimen angling? If I get up in the middle of the night in a hurry for a run, I am definitely not going to fall all over the show to get to my rod.

If I set up camp I have my sleeping tent, a kitchen tent and a fishing tent(gazebo) and I run a generator early evening till all the food is prepared and finished eating. I have a fluorescent ligt in each of the tents to provide enough ligt.

When I am finished with the above activities I switch off the generator and run a 330 candle power gaslamp in my enclosed kitchen tent and a 100 candle power lamp in my fishing gazebo that is enclosed on three sides. Both these lights run at the lowest possible settings.

My lights definitely do not bother people next to me and my generator runs in my closed trailer and you cannot hear it from 15 yards away.

All my fishing neighbours bring their baitboat batteries for charging to my spot as well and they always are happy to charge their batteries properly instead of using the car charger that does not cahrge the batteries fully.

I usually fish at a minimum distance of 180 meteres and most of the times my lines are in about 260 - 300 metres. I doubt very much that my lights can bother fish at these distances at all.

All four carp that were caught by me and my son were in these conditions.

I still don't know where specimen angling and the use of lights connect. I think you are going overboard.

I'll still be using my lights and still do specimen angling. I have always been sucessfull this way.

By the way, everybody next to me were also catching carp right through the night as well. And please note all the other lights and floodlights at Rietvlei that litterally lights up the dam the whole night. Next time you visit Rietvlei you should perhaps trip those lights as well.

REPLY #11

prof
16-May-2006 08:10

No rules with the fish, dim lights on the bank should not influence fish over say 50m away. I will also not run around in the dark risking a broken leg.
Well done fransois with your very nice pb

REPLY #12

Sharky
16-May-2006 08:16

Rammies

Thanx for all the tips on knot teing and casting i will keep on pratice. It was an absolute pleasure in meeting you and your son.

This is one of the best two people you can find next to the fishing water for those people that does not know them. Not only will they go out of there way to help you but you are alway welcome by them for a chat or a hot cup of coffee.

Leon myselfe and you (and most of the others) almost had the big one is a new type of carp called the hippo carp what a way to wake up. Better luck for us next time.

Doctor-M next time we must try to arrange that all of our guys sit next to each other. beleive it starded to get borred if you are a loner with nobody to talk to. atleast leon kept me company for most of friday night.

I must agree that reitvlei is one of the coldest dams i ever was in the winter.

REPLY #13

Carpio
16-May-2006 09:26

Rammies, I guess we all have our do's and dont's along the water. If youre fishing so far out as you say, then yes, most things wont affect the fish much.
But almost everyone I fish with fishes either within casting distance or sometimes just abit further...and at these distances using generators, bright lights on the water etc can have a detrimental effect...

The things I do when fishing, the precautions I take, the do's and the dont's of my fishing, I do them for a reason, and because there is proof that it has certain effects on my fishing. And i have seen the effects of it myself...! So I dont think it is fair of you to say that we are going overboard... !

Then I could also say that you are also going overboard with your generator and all your lights, etc... but I dont because that is the way you like to fish, and it's your choice.

If you had that setup on the chalet side of Rietvlei, you would've blanked, because the fish are close in.

I keep noise on the bank to a minimum, as it's been shown an proven that noise on the bank, esp low frequency noises, travel through water, and carp pick this up.... why would carp come and feed in an area where there is unusual noise and disturbance in the water?
Why else then would so many people prefer to fish during the week, and not on weekends? and have better results then too? I'd say because the weekend noise caused by all the anglers on the bank, puts the carp off... it's not just my own opinion but many other anglers I've met.

About light, well I wont go into details much, but have you seen how a fish bolts off when you shine a light on them? 90% of the fish I land, bolts off as soon as I shine my headlamp on it. Who knows, maybe I'm right, maybe not?

Floodlights at Rietvlei? Rammies, that last comment was not nice. Was no call for this. Sharky says you're one of the best ppl to meet, but your comments says different.

REPLY #14

Bertie
16-May-2006 10:09

Hmmm - Rammies sorry that you took up the light comment personally. In the past at least 50% of the guys fishing at Rietvlei had spotlights right on the water's edge, shining right through the night. A couple of people also had generators running through the night. On Friday night I only saw 1 swim with the spotlights on and I did not hear any generators. You seems to be one of the more considerate guys.

Just for interest sake - have you ever tried fishing Rietvlei at a distance of between 10 and 70m from the bank? Thats the distance I fish Rietvlei (and a number of other people too). At that distance any light and noise from the bank will have a negative effect on the fishing.

Despite my stunning physique I'm not superhuman and therefore I also cannot see in the dark. I'm also sure that I'll break a bone or 2 if I fall hard enough. For this reason I also have to use a light but I have found that a LED headlamp provides more than enough light for my requirements. I've also got a light in my tent that I'll use whenever required.

As to the lights surrounding Rietvlei - I'd rather leave them on. As you say - they provide a lot of light which I find usefull. It means that I need to provide less of my own light. Also, if all those lights is suddenly gone then the fish will get suspicious - I'm sure that they are quite used to them by now.

Your way of fishing Rietvlei is clearly working for you but if I had to sit next to you and fish my way i will probably blank the session. Since less people have got lights on at the camping side it means that the chances of fishing casting distance on that bank is so much better. This is also the reason that I have made the initial comments about the lights.

REPLY #15

Rammies
16-May-2006 10:23

Carpio

You are also missing the point.

All I am trying to say is that - do not link everything to specimen angling. If it is your or anybody else's preference to fish without light, that is fine, but do not link it to specimen angling.

I am a specimen angler myself and do not see myself as something special or God's gift to angling. We as specimen anglers are not a special breed, we only practice a different facet of fishing.

Each and every individual has his/her own preferences. I sleep with my tentdoor open, Werner sleeps with his closed and I think that is why he missed his 30 pounder. I even in winter get in bed with my waders or atleast my shoes to be able to quickly respond to a reelrun.

So my point is - do not link any "specia" behaviour to specimen angling, I hate it because I or we are not so special or a step above other anglers.

All I meant with my comments on the floodlights was that the carp at Rietvlei is so used to all the lights and people moving between the bank and the lights, casting shadows on the water, that I really do not think that the light matters and what about all the air traffic with their strong landing lights flying over the dam.

I agree on noise but when you at sometime in the future meet me next to the water you won't even notice that I use a generator because I have set up my generator in my trailer so that it does not make a noise and also to curb any vibrations by the generator.

PLEASE GUYS, WE ARE NOT SO SPECIAL, WE ARE ONLY ENJOYING OUR SPORT. NEVER THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER FACET OF ANGLING AND PLEASE DO NOT LINK YOUR OWN PREFERANCES TO SPECIMEN ANGLING, I HATE IT.

Carpio, I shall let you know when I go fishing on the chalet side doing it my way and still catch carp. I in any case do not rate the chalet section of the dam very high, but that is only my personal opinion.

No hard feelings.

REPLY #16

Bad Sam
16-May-2006 10:53

Our Specimen anglers are special in the sense that we release our fish & do not use keep nets. We are a little better than the other fresh water fisherman.

REPLY #17

Guru
16-May-2006 10:54

Remember this one guys hahahahaha

RE: Ethics of Specimen fishing

here are some pointers

1. Carp care
2. carp safe rigs
3. care for environment around you
4. RESPECTING OTHERS ON THE BANKSIDE
5. knowing what is in the water in front of you
6. knowing how to locate the fish
7. fishing for Carp in a safe manner
8. willingness to share your information
9. willingness to help your fellow anglers

now this is what is important not lights and all the other stuff

SO LET'S TALK FISHING

REPLY #18

Rammies
16-May-2006 11:05

Hi Bad Sam

Releasing of fish and not holding them in keepnets are rules or ethics associated with our facet of fishing, it does not make us better.

Other bank anglers practicing a different facet of fishing think they are right holding fish in a keepnet to take home, show them around and dump them in the dustbin.

I was also like that - couple of years ago. If we think we are better we are going to make very slow progress in convincing other facets of angling to follow our ethics.

Still a very nice grasscarp that you caught, I envy you. I have never been able to catch a grassie.

REPLY #19

Carpio
16-May-2006 11:29

Rammies,

So in other words, you are saying that I am wrong in the way I fish, because I like to do things differently than you. And because I have different beliefs in my fishing than you, I think I am special? Oh well, guess I have alot to learn...

My intention was not to ciritisize the way you fish, but to make you aware that you cannot condemn the way other ppl fish. Just because you dont believe in the effects of noise, etc. doesnt mean that we must all follow...

By all means, if you fish the chalet side and have success, all credit to you, right?

REPLY #20

Carpio
16-May-2006 11:36

just wanted to add... I'm not "linking" my preferences to specimen angling... Several magazines, books, dvd's and comments from other specimen anglers here and abroad have alot to say about the noise/light issue... they cant all be telling lies? so my preferences are linked to their findings and facts, and my experiences have confirmed this. So what am I to do? not tell others? o.k.

Rammies, no hard feelings at the end. I had to respond.

REPLY #21

Deeg
16-May-2006 11:43

Julle manne stel my regtig teleur.Ek antwoord NIE hier om weer 'n groot stryery aan die gang te sit nie.As konvensionele hengelaar, wat wel 'n keepnet gebruik, en desperaat is om maniere te kry om my sport te beoefen waarvoor ek BAIE lief is, sonder om vis seer te maak, het ek BAIE moed gekry deur FIGHTS en goeie raad van julle Spesie ouens.Ek het MOERSE respek vir julle.Maar, om te dink julle is beter mense as ander, grens aan ARROGANSIE.En as enige mens arrogant begin raak oor homself, al is die redes eerlik en waar, SAL dit 'n negatiewe uitwerking op hom as persoon he.EN, DIE RESPEK WAT EK AS LOURENS POTGIETER VIR HOM HET, GAAN MINDER RAAK.EN DIT MAAK, DAT DIT WAT EK BY JULLE OUENS LEER, NIE MEER VIR MY SO BELANGRIK IS NIE.

Ek weet EK verloor dan.Maar al julle moeite en gesprekke om my oor te haal om beter vir vis te sorg, kan tog seker nie NIKS vir julle beteken nie?????

O ja.By die laaste social, wie het die grootste karp uitgehaal?Spesie of konvensioneel?En, het hy ook soos ek, by julle geleer om die vis op te pas?So wie het gewen?Konvensioneel, spesie OF DIE BLERRIE VIS?

Gaan dink bietjie mooi.

Ag nee man, julle donner sommer my dag op...........

REPLY #22

Carpio
16-May-2006 11:52

A-degie. Nee moet asb. nie veralgemeen nie. Asseblief!

Ek het nerens hier of op hierdie hele forum ooit gese ek is beter as ander hengelaars/mense/fasette nie.... Rammies was die een wat veralgemeen daaroor....nie ek nie.

Vra maar die ouens met wie ek vang, ek is nie naby arrogant nie.... ernstig.

Degie, maak dit ooit saak wie nou eintlik die grootste vis vang by n social? Welgedaan aan die ouens wat goed gevang het, maar dit beken nie een is beter as die ander nie, of wat?

Anyway...ou net se, hehe...

REPLY #23

Bad Sam
16-May-2006 12:06

Ek was ook 'n pap gooier maar ek het nog nooit 'n karp dood gemaak nie en het nog nooit een geeët nie weet nie eers hoe dit proe nie. Ek het van dag 1 af respek gehaat vir wat God gemaak het want ek kan dit nie maak nie. Al versil is ek hanteer my vis nu op 'n unhooking mat en nie op die gras of harde grond nie.

Julle manne vat alles weer verkeerd op. Ek het nie gesê ons spesie hengelaars is spesiaal en beter nie maar wel ons manier van hengel.

Gaan lees weer wat Guru sê. SPESIE HENGEL is defnitief spesiaal.

Rammies ek het niks op jou bedoel nie!!!

REPLY #24

Rammies
16-May-2006 12:40

Ai ou Carpio, julle jong manne kan darem warm onder die kraag raak. Gaan sit nou kalm en lees weer die bespreking wat ek aan jou rig en lees mooi elke woord.

Ek het nie vir jou of enige iemand anders of jou of iemand anders se hengel metodes gekritiseer nie. Luister nou asb mooi - Ek sê, moenie jou of enige ander se spesiale voorkeure koppel aan spesie hengel nie. Dit is persoonlike voorkeure. Ek dink ek het al 100 de meer oorsese karp tydskrifte as jy gelees en dit is ook mense se spesiale voorkeure wat daar bespreek word.

Deesdae dink, en ek het nooit gesê jy is een van hulle nie, spesie hengelaars, hulle is verhewe bo die res, en maak nie 'n fout, ek ken van hulle.

Ons almal het verskillende maniere van hengel en dit is ook goed so anders sal dit maar boring wees. So het ek ook my eie opinie en ek mag dit tog weergee.

Ek glo net nie dat alles wat sogenaamd reg is aan spesie hengel gekoppel moet word nie en dit is al wat ek bedoel het. Mense word weggedryf van spesie hengel omdat die persepsie bestaan dat die spesie ouens hulself as verhewe bo die res beskou.

Ek bly by my stelling dat ligte, nie spotlights nie, my persoonlike keuse is en dit het niks met spesie hengel te doen nie.

My een buurman was so bang toe die seekoeie verby gekom het of eintlik toe hy dink hulle kom verby, dat hy sy motor aangeskakel het, sy spotlights oor die dam gegooi het en nog hooter geblaas het ook om die seekoeie te verjaag - dit was nou 'n helse lawaai EN 'N HALFUUR LATER toe vang my seun sy PB van 16,2 kg - Wys jou net.

Ten slotte - Carpio jy en Bertie en vele ander mag sonder ligte hengel dit is julle keuse, maar het niks met spesiehengel te doen nie, dit het met hengel te doen en gaan lees maar wat Guru geplaas het, ek ondersteun dit heelhartig.

As ek op jou of op Bertie se tone getrap het, ek is groot genoeg om daarvoor verskoning aan te bied, dit was nie my bedoeling nie.

Groetnis en geniet die dag

REPLY #25

Deeg
16-May-2006 12:42

Carpio, dis juis my punt.Dit maak nie saak wie die vis gekry het nie.En ek veralgemeen beslis nie.Ek het nog nooit 'n probleem gehad met jou nie.Ek is dankbaar wat ek by julle ouens leer.Maar ek hou nie van die rigting waarin die gesprek beweeg het nie.Van 'n gewone gesprek oor lig op die water, en geraas, tot " ek is 'n bietjie beter as konvensionele hengelaars".Weet julle ouens dat ons as klub, by dag-nag kompetisies, meer ouens het wat in algehele donker hengel?Daar is selfs van ons top hengelaars wat nie eers met 'n koplamp sal SKEP nie?Net met die bietjie maanlig, en hulle skep ALTYD raak?Dis ouens wat nog nooit met ENIGE spesie-hengelaar gesels het nie....dit is NIE deel van SPESIE-hengel om sonder ligte te hengel nie, ALMAL doen dit.Daar is klomp ouens wat duur karpsakke gebruik as keepnets, vir al die klein vis ook, selfs op ligas.Ek self het 'n spesie-skepnet gekoop, my eerste een.Voor ek met julle ouens gepraat het!My stroppe het bly vashaak in hom, en ek het tyd verloor op ligas, dis hoekom ek nou 'n gewone skepnet gebruik op die ligas.Ons ALMAL is bewaringsbewus.NIE net julle manne nie, al is julle voor op daai gebied.Ons as klub het al amper vuisgeslaan by damme waar die ouens die vis nie vrylaat nie.Ons het uit ons eie begin om die groter vis dadelik te weeg, en vry te laat.

Ek HET dalk veralgemeen, en ek is jammer daaroor.Maar julle spesie-ouens doen dit konstant, wanneer julle van konvensionele hengelaars en bewaring van vis praat.Al wat ek kort, is 'n unhooking mat, en om eerlik te wees, ek kan nie ENIGE toerusting bekostig op die stadium nie.Maar ek probeer nog steeds die vis reg hanteer.

Al wat ek vra, is BIETJIE meer respek van die spesie-kant van die forum af, vir konvensionele hengelaars.Almal is nie damduikers wat vis slag nie.Konvensionele hengelaars kompeteer.'n ou wat 2 keer 'n jaar gaan hengel, 20 stokke in die water het, en nog met kerrie pap op nommer 9 daichi's hengel, is volgens my nie eers 'n hengelaar nie!

Dankie, weereens jammer as ek julle vies maak.

Kan ek julle met 'n stukkie "Amandel"wysheid los???

Moenie kom met PROBLEME oor wat konvensionele of enige ander hengelaars aanvang nie.Kom met die OPLOSSING vir daardie probleem.Dan dra julle positief by.

Thanx

REPLY #26

Guru
16-May-2006 12:49

Eish hahahaha this is like a best seller

REPLY #27

Carpio
16-May-2006 13:02

Rammies, jy sien ook nie wat ek se nie.... Dis nie my voorkeure nie, dis wat ek gelees en geleer het.... my vraag aan jou. Hoe dink jy het daai ouens in die "100de" tydskrifte, tot by daai punt gekom? het hulle dit gekry van ander se voorkeur? of deur ondevinding? Ek vra net...

ek dink nog steeds nie jy kan so veralgemeen, dat spesie hengelaars "verhewe" is nie. maar dis maar my eie opinnie neem ek aan....jammer.

Anyway, lyk my ek staan alleen hier en is maar weer die bad Carpio....
So ja, jammer dat ek my opinion hier gelig het. Dis duidelik nie die plek gewees nie.

Stywe lyne....

REPLY #28

Bertie
16-May-2006 13:16

Geeze guys - I made a comment about lights and it turned into a bunfight.
1. If every angler observe some common sense when fishing such as reduced light and minimum noise then the chanches of catching fish closer in will be so much better. Doesn't matter if you are fishing conventional or specimen style.

2. However, people have got different camp setups and some prefer to have a light on while they fish. Since they fish at 120m+ distances this setup work for them. It's not a case of right and wrong - its purely preference and every angler has got a right to fish according to his own preference.

3. If there is really respect between anglers then they should be able to reach a compromise (such as putting up a screen to block light) without having a fistfight. Unfortunately some people are not willing to listing or discuss the viewpoint of others. Once again - this has got nothing to do with specimen of conventional.

4. As to specimen anglers being special - that's bullsh1t. Just because I fish differently than the majority of anglers in SA does not mean I'm special.

REPLY #29

Carpio
16-May-2006 14:05

bertie, have to agree.

REPLY #30

Bad Sam
16-May-2006 14:20

Carpio ek en jy moet maar liewer stil bly hehehehehehe.
Maar ek like die action.

REPLY #31

MAD
16-May-2006 14:27

Guru > Eish hahahaha this is like a best seller - >I almost fell of my chair, you crack me up man, hehehehehe

REPLY #32

Guru
16-May-2006 14:42

someone has to have the humor around here it is slightly tense here hahahaha

REPLY #33

Carpio
16-May-2006 15:01

maybe we should all meet at Rietvlei and see who can hang on the longest when the hippos come past?

REPLY #34

DOCTOR - M
16-May-2006 16:00

Julle manne moet nie so RAAS op die forum nie, dit SKEP net probleme, mar gelukkig sien ons almal nou die LIG, so KEEPNET die kleintjies en gooi die grotes terug!

REPLY #35

Sharky
16-May-2006 16:09

shuet jule raas al die vis weg

REPLY #36

renrew
16-May-2006 16:22

Carpio ek stem saam met als wat jy se......

Ek verstaan wat jy bedoel..

En asseblief PLAAS die groot visse treug vir ALMAL se ONTHALWE!!!!

Kom ons stop nou hierdie bakleiery en gan vang vis of gan leer iets......

Net eending oor di ligte ding, ek sal dit nooit gebruik nie want ek vang van 8m af, by reitvlei, geen vis sal naby kom as daar ewe skielik 'n vreemde lig in die water skyn nie!!! En dink wat doen die lig as dit op jou hoek skyn daai vis sal nie eers twee keer dink om weg te swem nie!!

Carpio ek stem by die chalet kant sal jy 10 teen 1 blank as jy met ligte an vang want hulle sit almal van so 10m-60m van die kant af veral daar teen die riete en net voor die chalet swim!!!

Maar in elk geval, ek gan vir julle wys dat Rietvlei een van die beste damme is wat ons het na die winter en ek sal vir julle se hoe ver ek gehengel het.....

Ligte, ek haat dit, ek sit partykeer nie eers my headlamp aan as ek opstaan vir 'n run nie....

ek organise net mu swim sodat ek nie ver na my pod toe hoef te hardloop nie....

Ek stem saam Carpio en Bad Sam Ligte langs die water is uit my venster gegooi jare treug!!!

KOM ONS GAN VANG VIS!!!!

REPLY #37

Sharky
16-May-2006 16:24

Bertie sorry for the light. Next time try to close your eyes maybe you won't see my light. I'm new in this it would have helped if one of the guys could have told me not to put the light next to the water.

REPLY #38

Bertie
16-May-2006 16:56

Sharky - hell no need to appologise. Thats your way of fishing!
I'm opening another can of worms here, but with the camping bank going silent and dark, less fish will be "pushed" towards the chalet side at night!!! Thats my theory (well, partially).

REPLY #39

Rammies
16-May-2006 18:43

Ek gaan net môre vir my 'n moerse groot generator wat baie lawaai maak koop en my kleintjie weggooi.

Tweedens gaan ek vir my moerse groot floodlights koop op stands sodat ek dit oor die water kan laat skyn - minstens 100 meter.

Derdens gaan ek môre vir my 'n moerse groot jukebox by Hi Fi Corporation koop met surround sounds speakers.

Vierdens sal ek 'n groter treiler moet koop vir die ekstra groot en sterk goed.

Amper vergeet ek, ek gaan vir my baitboat 'n petrol enjin mount sodat ek kan raas as ek lyne invat.

DAN gaan ek al hierdie nuwe groot raserige goed van my saamvat na Donaldson vir die OP Social (as ek dit kan maak) en dan wil ek sien hoe julle gaan spesie hengel doen.

Miskien het julle nog contacts vir 'n paar los gillende vrouens ook wie se geskree bo die juke box kan uit styg.

ns: Parrafien vir al die swims

REPLY #40

Bertie
16-May-2006 18:48

Rammies
Ek het 'n kontak vir die gillende los vrouens. Ons sal egter die "thread" off line moet vat - hiers minderjariges wat lees...

REPLY #41

Rammies
16-May-2006 19:09

Dit is goed so Bertie maar hulle lywe moet darem ook nie te sleg wees nie hoor.

REPLY #42

Rammies
16-May-2006 19:10

Bertie

Jy is reg ek het vergeet Werner lees ook die goed. Sal maar in die vervolg versigter wees.

REPLY #43

Bad Sam
17-May-2006 08:13

Rammies ek hoop en bid ek vang nie langs jou nie hehehehe.

REPLY #44

Carpio
17-May-2006 08:32

dis altyd goed om te sien hoe so n "heated debate" oorslaan na lighartige praatjies, hehehe.....

Sharky jy kan bly wees my kettie kon nie by jou lig uitkom van die chalet kant af nie! hehe...

RAMMIES! Gee my jou klein generator, ek het iets nodig om die hippo mee te gooi!
Ek mind nie die juke-box nie solank jy net nie "Oooo ryperd" speel elke keer as ek n vis probeer skep nie, want my daai spotlights sal julle ons duidelik kan sien oorkant! dankie!

Sies bertie !!! Hoekom hoor ek NOU eers van die los girls van jou? Om te dink hoe interessant ons Rietvlei session kon gewees het....!

REPLY #45

Bernard Venter
17-May-2006 08:49

En die Bassmasters dink hulle is die mees groenste hengelaars in Suid-Afrika.

REPLY #46

Rammies
17-May-2006 09:25

Bernard

Moet nou nie 'n nuwe ding begin nie

REPLY #47

DOCTOR - M
17-May-2006 11:03

Hahahahahahahahahaha.....hahahahahaha!
Like Guru said this has been better than the daily soaps!
Man you must try and have at least one heated discussion per month! Hahaha!

REPLY #48

Bernard Venter
17-May-2006 11:08

Rammies
Ek is 'n Artlure hengelaar, sal dus nie kant kies nie. Wie vang nou heeldag lank net bass of karp, as daar 'n damvol vis is om te vang?

REPLY #49

Carpio
17-May-2006 11:08

I can start another heated one about bass anglers, hehehe... but wont be fair cos they're not here to defend themselves....

or dare a say "keepnet" ? hehehe...just kidding....

REPLY #50

Deeg
17-May-2006 12:15

Ag, julle spesie ouens is nie SO k@k nie hoor!As Carpio nie so flippen lelik was nie, het ek hom 'n soen gegee, nou sal ek maar vir Guru moet try....ek like my ouens met bietjie LYF man!

REPLY #51

leon
17-May-2006 12:43

Degie

Hier is nou 'n goeie geleentheid om uit die kas te kom.....

REPLY #52

Backlead
17-May-2006 13:01

Degie, wag tot ek my make-up aan het, dan sal jy Guru soos n sak warm patats drop, hahahaa!!!!

REPLY #53

Carpio
17-May-2006 13:04

Then again, have u seen Guru with lipstick on??? Yo-yo-yo!!!!

hhehe.....Bertie I think you must organise those "los girls" soon !!!!

REPLY #54

Sharky
17-May-2006 13:15

vergeet van die los girls my swaar own flamigos

REPLY #55

Carpio
17-May-2006 13:54

SHARKY!!! Ek's jou beste vriend!!!

REPLY #56

Deeg
17-May-2006 14:02

Sharky, ek spandeer so baie geld by Flamingo's en 920, ek kon net sowel SELF die plekke besit het.....Sorry Guru, vergeet nie van jou nie.............

REPLY #57

Guru
17-May-2006 14:12

Bunch of Queens don't rain on my parade I don't fancy where this is heading leave me out of it please

REPLY #58

Bertie
17-May-2006 14:13

Ek sien hiers 'n groot misverstand - ek het gedink om so paar tannies van die Midrand Gimnastiekklub vir bejaardes te kry... Hulle raas nogal baie want as hulle praat moet hulle skree - meeste van die lede is hardhorend. Hulle is egter los - menende los van lit.

Ek sien die ding is nou besig om hande uit te ruk. Een van die dae is daar 'n polisie raid by Rietvlei - hulle sal dink dis 'n sateliet stasie vir Piet Crous se besigheid. Dink net hoeveel geraas en lig dit sal veroorsaak....

REPLY #59

Rammies
17-May-2006 14:35

Guru, It seems like the guys are trying to push you into a reaction. Give them some of their own medicine

REPLY #60

renrew
17-May-2006 15:26

YES U SICK PERVS!!!
I'LL RATHER GO FISHING!!!

REPLY #61

renrew
17-May-2006 15:27

JUST ONE WORD FOR YOU GUYS.....

DAMDUIKERS!!

REPLY #62

Bad Sam
17-May-2006 15:30

'n Klomp moffies hier op die forum. Hoop nie julle gaan saam Donaldson's toe nie ek sweer daai naweek gaan shower ek nie een keer nie nou-nou laat val ek die seep.

Ou tannies nee man hulle almal kort 'n stryk. Dit gaan voel soos 'n vienna in 'n tonnel soo nou en dan, dan raak jy die kante. SIES MAN hehehehehehehe.

Maar flamingo's kan werk???

Moet asb nie met Guru kak soek nie. Hy is moer groot en baie sterk julle speel met vuur.

REPLY #63

Katvis
17-May-2006 15:48

Sam moenie worry jy kan saam met my stort dan laat val ek die seep, Moenie worry nie eks nie gay nie dis net my boyfriend wat so 'n bietjie skeef is.

REPLY #64

Carpio
17-May-2006 16:03

Nee wat, Guru lyk net groot as hy sy arms so bietjie kante toe oplig.... en as hy sy skoene uittrek dan is hy nog korter ook!

Sam, jy moet eerder ophou om jou lipstick en mascara in Shawn se tackle box te bere.
En ek sien die manne is jealous dat Guru n foto van jou het in jou onderbroek!!!

katvis.... so dis hoekom jy altyd so gretig is om die vis te skep, sodat jy kan buk! Sies!!!!!!

Bertie, hou maar die ou tannies.... netnou seize hulle pacemakers!

REPLY #65

Sharky
17-May-2006 16:05

Katvis daar is twee soorte spesies gemaak op hierdie aardbol dit is manlik en vroulik.

Dan kry jy daai soort wat hulle noem "DIT" ek wil nie weet watter een jy is nie. Soo gaan tel maar jou eie seep op of vra jou skewe vriend on 'n hand te gee.

hehehehehehe

REPLY #66

Guru
17-May-2006 16:07

Wait I will show you when we meet again Carpio I am a tiny guy that is terrified of you

REPLY #67

renrew
17-May-2006 22:18

HA HA HA!!!

I'LL STAY TO CHICS!!! (TEENAGERS)

U GUYS ARE SO SICK!!!!

REPLY #68

Bad Sam
18-May-2006 08:18

Nee donner hoe het julle ouens my uit gevang. Na al die jare dog ek my lipstick is veilig in Shawn se tackle boks.

Man ek hou daarvan om in my onderbroek rond te loop ek roep die groot Gras karpe soo heheheheheeheh. En dit het gewerk julle moet dit ook probeer.

Guru How could you send my underpants photos to a bunch of moffies hehehehehehehehehe.

REPLY #69

Katvis
18-May-2006 09:06

Guys dont worry I am bi-sexual, if I can't find it I buy it!! HA HA HA

REPLY #70

Bad Sam
18-May-2006 09:29

Renrew. TEENAGERS (CHICKS) still belongs to the state govrenment. They will lock you up hehehehehehehe

REPLY #71

Bad Sam
18-May-2006 09:29

Renrew. TEENAGERS (CHICKS) still belongs to the state govrenment. They will lock you up hehehehehehehe

REPLY #72

Carpio
18-May-2006 09:42

Sam, are you so excited about picking up the soap that you clicked the "submit" button twice? hahaha....

Hm, maybe i should try the underpants fishing style, who knows I might just break a PB?... I would try a g-string, but then Boiliedude and Big Stuff wont leave me alone!!!

REPLY #73

Guru
18-May-2006 10:09

now you can stop being bored and Answer my other posts

REPLY #74

prof
18-May-2006 10:38

Terwyl hierdie sepie se eggos nog rol oor die land van die manne wat van vistokke hou, wil ek net graag weet of een van julle vir my kan sê wanneer verander 'n konvensionele ou in 'n spesie ou ? Wanneer het die woord spesie hengelaar nou eintlik ontstaan? Ek meen ek probeer al langer as die ouderdom van baie van julle om die grotes uit te haal. Was ek dan nou al 100 jaar terug 'n spesie hengelaar? Of wat?

REPLY #75

Rammies
18-May-2006 11:18

Prof

Die naam spesie hengelaar is eintlik van oorsee geleen. Dit verwys na 'n spesifieke manier van visvang deur aas op 'n haarstrop te plaas.

Streng gesproke dink ek dat 'n konvensionele hengelaar wat slegs 'n spesifieke spesie "target" ook maar 'n spesie hengelaar is.

Daar word egter verwys na Spesie Karp Hengel - dit is hengel vir karp van enige grote maar met 'n haarstrop.

So sal mens Spesie Baber hengel ens ook kry.

Dit bly egter waar dat die haarstrop metode wel kleiner karp ook vang maar dat dit meer dikwels die grotes uitoorlê.

Prof ek hoop nou nie ons begin 'n nuwe argument hiermee nie.

REPLY #76

prof
18-May-2006 11:50

Rammies
Dit is gladnie om te argumenteer nie. Ek is maar net nuuskierig?

Dankie vir die info.

Ek hengel al baie jare en ons het baie visse van oor die 30lb al baie jare terug gevang voor die nuwe tegnologie van haarstroppe sy kop uitgesteek het.

Ons het al toentertyd met ase en stroppe en tegnieke ge eksperimenteer omdat ons maar nog altyd die grotes gesoek het.

Wat ek wel verseker kan sê is dat die haarstrop tegniek wel beter resultate lewer.

Ek het ook al met haarstroppe eksperimenteer voor ons nog haarstropp in SA algemeen kon koop. Ek het verskeie materiale soos sekere nylon naaldwerk lyn en "dental floss" gebruik vir 'n hair rig.

Die naam spesie hengel is dan wat dit vandag genoem word. Interessant.........imo het party mense al spesie hengel probeer voor die naam ontstaan het soos wat jy aandui saam met die haarstrop gekom het.

groete

REPLY #77

Carpio
18-May-2006 11:50

Ek verskil ongelukkig n bietjie weereens....

in engels is die term "Specimen" angling, en nie "Species" angling nie... maar dis nie net n karp term nie, want jy kry ook "Specimen catfish" angling, wat die ouens bv. doen in Spanje waar hulle hengel vir die groot babers daar....
En sover ek verstaan verwys "specimen" na "groot"...

"Specimen" angling gaan oor die vang van die grootste karps... oftewel die grootste "specimen" karp.
En die haarstrop is volgens die europeans die beste manier om die groter specimens karp te vang...en dit het oorgeloop na ons toe...

ongelukkig gebruik ons locals die term "spesie" hengel, wat eintlik verkeerd is want almal in die land doen spesie-hengel want hulle vang vis om hulle teiken spesie te vang, groot of klein.... en daar is VIR MY die verskil, ek teiken wel n spesifieke spesie, maar ek teiken ook spesifiek die grootste specimens van daai spesie!!!

How's that for confusing....

REPLY #78

Carpio
18-May-2006 12:09

Ek dink ons moet ons term "spesie" verander na iets soos "trofee" of "trophy" ... Ek bedoel niks slegs teenoor die conventional ouens nie, ernstig, maar die groot verskil dink ek, in my eie opinnie, is dat ons spesifiek die groter karps target, en julle target karp oor die algemeen? Ek hoop nie dit klink nou sleg nie, maar dis nie sleg bedoel nie.

Anders hoekom bother ons dan met al ons fancy gadgets?

REPLY #79

prof
18-May-2006 12:09

Carpio

'n baie interessante siening. Dit maak baie sin dat daar 'n 'specimen' visterm is wat gebruik word vir die groot 'specimens' of eksemplare waarvoor gehengel word.

So, dit wil lyk of jy nou kan kies:
1. Is jy 'n Spesie karp hengelaar, dan hengel jy vir die karp spesie.
2. Is jy 'n 'specimen' (Eksemplaar in Afr) hengelaar, dan hengel jy vir die groot eksemplare van 'n spesifieke spesie.

Dan is ek 'n Karp eksemplaar hengelaar.............

REPLY #80

Carpio
18-May-2006 12:10

prof, dankie ! "eksemplaar" is die woord wat ek net nie kon kry nie...! Sies, en ek is nogal Afrikaans!...ehehhe

REPLY #81

Carpio
18-May-2006 12:14

Hahaha.... wel "spesie hengelaar" is beter as "papgooier" hehehe... sal die conventional ouens daarmee kan leef?

REPLY #82

prof
18-May-2006 12:17

Dan kry 'n mens ook spesi ale hengelaars wat dink hulle is beter as ander hengelaars............hahahahaaaa

REPLY #83

prof
18-May-2006 12:34

Spesie woordeboek vir tipe karp hengelaars:

Spesie hengelaar.....vang karp met haarstrop
Eksemplaar "..........vang groot karp met haarstrop
Spesi ale "...............vang belangrike karp met enigiets
Spesi bek ".............vang karp en het 'n groot bek
Spesi gat ".............vang karp en skop gat
Spesi koei "..............vang karp en tel seekoeie op
Spesi pap "............vang karp deur hulle met pap te gooi
Spesi net "..............hou alles heeldag in 'n net
Spesi klip "..............hou van klipdrif en vang verkoue

Nou het ek genoeg gesê.

REPLY #84

Carpio
18-May-2006 12:48

Hahahaha!!!!! Dis goe daai...

Ek dink meeste ouens sal my dus klassifiseer as n "spesie bek" , hehe... Maar ek sal se ek is miskien meer n "spesie - bek-gat" !?

REPLY #85

renrew
18-May-2006 15:12

YEAH BAD SAM BUT I MEANT SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT, THAN WHAT THESE ''PEOPLE'' HAD IN MIND!!!

REPLY #86

Carper
18-May-2006 15:17

Manne

Ek moes net ook my 5 sent kon inlas nadat Carpio my ou maat my vertel het hoe julle manne mekaar se knoffelsakkies wil aantas met lipstiek en sulke dinge.

Ek is so besig deesdae by die werk kry nie eers tyd om bietjie te post nie.

Winter het nou hier toegesak en ek sal seker weer binnekort die privaat dam aanvat.Carpio het my gaai geskop laas by die dam ek gee hom 100% vir dit.

As daai stupid okuma platinum net nie gebreek het nie ...............

Dis ok ek weet nou hoe lyk die dam se bodem en soos Carpio vir julle sal kan se.............................eish its very very nice man.

Het een verloor wat ek glo n bulletjie was.

"MAIZE IS KING!"

Ek hengel van nou af net tigers en maize dis al wat ek nodig het in Natal.

Sterkte manne en gesels weer.

Carper

REPLY #87

Carpio
18-May-2006 15:46

Carper! Los my knoffel sakkie uit!!! Sies!!
As daai tent waarin ons geslaap het by daai private dam enigsins klein was het ons lepel gele! haha!

OK...NET VIR DIE REKORD EK IS NIE GAY NIE....Sam is!!
Ek is gelukkig getroud!

Carper, jy't daai hele plek vir jouself! En daai visse het potential, sal nie verbaas wees as jy n 30 ponder volgende keer kry nie! Sterkte!

REPLY #88

Bad Sam
18-May-2006 17:33

Hoe weet jy Carpio.
Jy praat seker van experience.

REPLY #89

renrew
18-May-2006 20:13

i'll leave the gays to the gays and the bi's to the bi's, i'll keep on walking the straight line and i'll never think twice about changing.....

I'm STRAIGHT as a ruler....

REPLY #90

shawn cronje
19-May-2006 07:34

Sam ek dink dit is tyd dat jy jou gremering uit my tackle box uithaal.

REPLY #91

Bad Sam
19-May-2006 07:44

Ja bra hulle het my uitgevang. Ek sal as ons by Donaldson's kom dit uit haal en in Carpio se boks sit en as hy nie kom nie sommer in Andre se boks.

REPLY #92

Bad Sam
19-May-2006 07:45

Werner don't lie. BDude told me.
Jy is soo skeef soos 'n piesang.

REPLY #93

Carper
19-May-2006 07:59

Carpio

Ja nee ou maat ek se n 50 een van die dae wag maar en sien.

Gaan die winter weer hard begin vis vir daai elusive 50 wat die damme my skuld.

Jy het goed gedoen daar ek sou graag jou wou n 30 sien vang daar.Volgende keer maak ons so maar sommer n 2 nag session wat dink jy?

REPLY #94

Carpio
19-May-2006 09:24

ja renrew, we've all heard of your skewe piesang bru! Poor Boiliedude! Eish!

Carper, you better practice boet, cos when I come down again to fish that place the kaka is gona hit the fan, litirilaliliyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you've gotten rid of that shitty line hey! Anyone fished with Okuma Platinum....eish!

REPLY #95

Bad Sam
19-May-2006 09:57

There is only one line to use SUFIX CARP BUSTER.
Caught that strong 15.1 Grassie on it & its only 12lb.

REPLY #96

renrew
19-May-2006 16:59

JA JA SE DIT VIR MY MEISIE CARPIO EN BAD SAM.....

BAD SAM EK STEM 100% SAAM SUFFIX CARP BUSTER EN SPECIMEN LINE(NUWE EEN) SKOP GAT!!!

REPLY #97

Rammies
20-May-2006 07:11

Moet net nie Nash se Bullet XT lyn vergeet nie dit is 'n incredible lyn. Ek gebruik ook die Suffix specimen lyn en altwee is baie goed.

[ BACK TO TOP ]
 Did you know?

To make the forum more manageable OutdoorPAGES archives all posts older than 20 days. Use our ALL Posts or Forum Search features to access posts older than 20 days. The Forum Search feature allows you to search topics discussed on this forum since its inception in 2003. Just think how much info is contained in this resource. Want to become a better angler? Go Forum Search Now!!!

Copyright OutdoorPAGES. All rights reserved. No article or picture may be reproduced\published without the written consent of OutdoorPAGES.
The opinions expressed by authors and contributors does not necessarily reflect the viewpoint or policy of OutdoorPAGES.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

pub-8107763361343301