Private / Vaal River / Douglas
Tel: 082 802 7922
Advertise your products
List your own ads in real-time
Reach thousands of anglers
http://www.outdoorpages.co.za
 Ads by OutdoorPAGES 
FISHING >> FRESH WATER
Go BackGo Forum HomeRefresh this pageFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

THREAD DETAILS

Post New Reply      THREAD DETAILS VIEWS = 6622
 Meerhof - Harties
Trawler
16-Feb-2008 20:08

Went to Meerhof yesterday and what a day's angling. Myself and a friend of mine who's just learning the freshwater thing klapped the carp. Caught 26 carp and 2 barbel between us from 08:30 till 15:30. Biggest was about 6kg's and we got about 6 over 4 kg's. I've fished there once before and the avg size was about 1,5kg but yesterday was something else. I lost one and he lost 2 that were "unstoppable" (probably big barbel) but on 5lb line you're going to lose a couple with hookups! Will post some of the pics tomorrow.

[ VIEW 4 PHOTO/S ]
[ VIEW LAST POST ]

REPLY #1

RE: Meerhof - Harties
ONESTONE
18-Feb-2008 09:07

Nice Going Trawler!!! very nice cathces those!

REPLY #2

Carassius
18-Feb-2008 09:58

Were did you sit - we were there this weekend and left at 12:00 on Sunday (GN Carp ANgling League).

And yes the fish were comming out left right and centre and the average size was good.

Biggest fish was 9.21kg

REPLY #3

Boerboel
18-Feb-2008 10:12

Nice vangste.

Kan ek dalk details kry by julle,
waar is meerhof, hoe is dit daar, oornog geriewe, krag, kostes, skoon ablusie

REPLY #4

Carassius
18-Feb-2008 11:18

Oom Clem is vol nonsence (maar dit is te verwagte).

Hy verbied mense om nou te oornag, maar as jy hom bel en mooi met hom praat sal hy dit toelaat.

Kostes:
R35 per hengelaar ingangsfooi
R100 per tent
R 30 Per nag vir staanplek
R 35 per voertuig

Die ablusie is puik en daar is ook 'n klein winkeltjie by die hek.

Die oewer is baie mooi en graas tot teenaan. Die Hiasinte pla glad nie maar die water is tipies Harties water.

Van Pretoria af.

Kerk Staraat - ou Rustenburg snelweg die stop by die R511 gaan oor die brug en draai links by die stopstraat - ry oor die nek oppad Brits toe. By die brug (oor die water) kry jy 'n Robot en bortjie wat wys Meerhof ry reguit aan tot jy ;n bloe bord kry wat wys "Meerhof Oewer"

REPLY #5

Katchie
18-Feb-2008 12:48

hi trawler...
intend fishing meerhof on the weekend.
can you plz let me know what baits worked for you.
can you also suggest a good spot
thanks a million

REPLY #6

Trawler
18-Feb-2008 18:40

Carassius saying that old toppie is full of k@k is an understatement!!
I fished just to the right of the first dead tree at the slipway.
Baits used:
2 kariba worms and a custard pap backing on the bottom hook and the top hook a Stuttaford or Tjop Tjop floatie(a yellow floatie) with a banjo dough. On the ball I sprayed a homemade 50/50 dip (peach/Banana Jamaica with floro) and put a little biddulphs and fx on top of the ball. This I used on my one rod all day and it worked all day.
My friend used a stuttaford floatie on top with the banjo dough and on the bottom a tjop-tjop floatie with a plain white dough. Put the bottom hook into almond supreme as well as a bit on the ball. On the ball he put red banjo and a tiny bit of BMT. It too worked all day.

In the early afternoon the pace slacked a bit so we put the same baits on but used Excellent Almond on the ball and dipped the bottom hook into Klipdrift as well as a bit on the ball. This picked the pace up again!
Hope this helps. I know it's a concoction but it worked.
Most of my bigger carp took the worms!

REPLY #7

Trawler
18-Feb-2008 18:42

Carassius I was there on Friday. The "competition guys" were just starting to arrive when I was packing up. I fished to the right of the guys who had the big red KFC gazebo.

REPLY #8

Nicky
19-Feb-2008 08:53

Mooi vis daar Trawler, ek hoor die ouens het net so goed gedoen die naweek by De Rust. Enige aas het die ding gedoen daar, maar om kol te hengel was belangrik.

[ BACK TO TOP ]
 Did you know?

To make the forum more manageable OutdoorPAGES archives all posts older than 20 days. Use our ALL Posts or Forum Search features to access posts older than 20 days. The Forum Search feature allows you to search topics discussed on this forum since its inception in 2003. Just think how much info is contained in this resource. Want to become a better angler? Go Forum Search Now!!!

Copyright OutdoorPAGES. All rights reserved. No article or picture may be reproduced\published without the written consent of OutdoorPAGES.
The opinions expressed by authors and contributors does not necessarily reflect the viewpoint or policy of OutdoorPAGES.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

pub-8107763361343301